Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hecktic Summer but...


Everyone has visitors but I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I have made at least some progress on the concept I am working on. I am adapting some old printmaking techniques but using some new tools. This is the original stream drawing after it has been scanned and processed then printed on various papers for further manipulation. It's not unusual for a printmaker to pull prints for further manipulation and I am doing essentially the same thing. The inks are pigmented so longevity and colorfastness should not be a problem. My idea was to take the image and project it out into space so I am attaching it to acid free foam core and layering multiples to give me the overlap I want. I'm sure that something called Tole might come to mind It has already been pointed out to me. This is not Tole. Tole is more or less a type of paper sculpture with the parts assembled to preserve a realistic representation of the object in space. My ambition here runs more along the Cubist sensibility, presenting multiple aspects of the subject and both breaking the picture plane while retaining the flatness of the drawing. The concept will evolve with the work.

1 comment: